Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Last Weekend Adventure


Pool
About 4:40 in the morning

4:50 AM
View from my hotel door
The hotel

This crab was in Ronaldo's bathroom
Free bananas

Thursday we went to La Selva Biological Station and stayed the night. The Next morning we went to the Chiquita plantation and after that we headed to Puerto Viejo and spent one night there. We had fairly nice rooms, but three of the guys got this huge suite that had two bedrooms, two baths, and a kitchen.
Saturday morning we headed out to the Caribbean to go snorkeling.
It was a lot shallower than where we had snorkeled before and you could see the coral reefs clearer. I saw them so clear that I even hit one with my knee when the tide moved.
After snorkeling we went to Manzanillo and stayed at the most beautiful resort that was right on the coast of the Caribbean. The rooms had the coolest windows that were mirrors looking into the room from the outside and windows looking out in the inside.
They had nice bathrooms with hot water and some of the bathrooms had a bidet. Not only did we have the Caribbean right outside our doors, but we also had a nice pool.
The first night I stayed up all night to wait for the sun to rise with Diane, Steph, Bob, PJ, Even, and Steve and it went from pitch black to sunny from 4:40 to about 5:30.
Lucky us, there were clouds and we didn’t get to experience much.
The next day we took a hike out to this lookout point that was close to Panama.
The rest of the day there was a lot of sleeping and a little bit of rain. That night Peter made a bonfire on the beach and I opened up another coconut. This time it took me a lot longer because I didn’t use a rock. I used my pocket knife and I wouldn’t let anyone help me!
Monday we left to go back to San Jose.
This trip we watched all three Bourne movies, Oceans 13, and Even Almighty on the bus to give you a sense of how long our rides were.

No comments: