Friday, May 30, 2008

Tropical Depression in my Heart






howler monkey



On Tuesday we took a couple of days off without our teachers because they were in Cuba. We planned a trip to Manuel Antonio beach where we thought we were going to relax and play in the ocean and get tan...that didn't happen as planned.
All twenty-seven of us got into a smaller bus than normal where there were flip up seats that were apparently uncomfortable (I always got a window seat). On the way to Manuel Antonio we stopped on a bridge over a local river to take pictures of the crocodiles. They were big and nonresponsive. It was pretty much raining the whole way there and, go figure, it was raining when we got there!

We walked down a hill where the beach was and had lunch. It took forever to get my nachos and they didn't taste good anyway. It was still raining and some of the guys went to the beach instead of having lunch. After lunch we went to the beach. There were a lot of waves and the water was very salty, Pacific Ocean. I didn't enjoy that very much so I looked for shells and crabs instead. When we were swimming in the ocean it wasn't raining anymore but it was still cloudy. I didn't get a tan. A Tico gave me a pretty shell though. On the walk back to the hotel we saw three monkeys. One of them was road kill...ew.



That night we went out to dinner and they gave me America dollars back for change....what am I going to do with that here?!



Wednesday I had a really nice breakfast, a huge pancake. After breakfast some of us went on a nature walk. We didn't see much, but there was a beautiful view. We didn't think we were going to see any monkeys, but a tree almost fell on us and that woke up the howler monkeys, so, we got to see them sleeping. We saw a huge rat thing and something else that looked like a raccoon. By the way, it was raining the whole time on the nature walk.



Basically the trip kind of stunk because of all the rain when we were expecting sun.

No comments: